I have received the most amazing protein bar. I often receive products to review, but this product I received today, was the most heavenly bar I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting.
The Mammoth Bars are full of wonderful ingredients that take snacking and refueling to a whole level.
Today, I tried the cashew variety and immediately fell in love. This product gets two VERY enthusiastic thumbs up from The Goodie Goodie Foodie!
Mammoth Bars are organic, with sprouted nuts, gluten free, raw, and contain no added sugar. You can find them at:
Put it on salad, seafood, poultry, steak, veggies, etc.
Dynamite Green Salad Dressing
1 room temp egg
1 c avocado oil
1 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp @flavorgod himalayan Pink Salt/Peppercorn
1/2 tsp #flavorgod Dynamite
1/4 c cilantro
1/3 green bell pepper
1/2 c coconut milk
Put all ingredients in a large wide-mouth Mason jar, blend with immersion blender. Put on everything, lick your fingers, pray to the sweet baby Jesus, and love all things green, and then remember me in your will because I taught you how to make this epic, kick ass dressing. #yourewelcome
This is based on the Meat Bagel recipe by Ditch the Wheat.
I’m meal planning and stumbled upon this old photo of mine…just Meat Bagel BLTs. No biggie. I’m so making these this week. Get in my belly!
Here’s my version:
1 white onion, finely diced
1/4 c finely chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp @omgheebutter
1 lb Grassfed Bison (or lamb)
1 lb Grassfed beef chorizo
6 slices bacon, diced
2 large eggs
1/3 c thick hot sauce
1/4 cup finely ground pecans
1 tsp paprika and cayenne
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. 2. Spray doughnut pan (I use coconut oil spray)
3. Sauté the onions and mushrooms over medium heat with some cooking fat, like omghee etc. Sauté until translucent. Allow the onions to cool before adding them to the meat.
4.In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients including the cooked onions/mushrooms. Mix well enough to evenly distribute the spices.
5. Divide the meat into 6 portions.
6. Using your hands, roll a portion into a ball and then indent the middle, and flatten slightly to form the appearance of a bagel.
7. Place the bagel looking meat in the donut pan and repeat with each of the portions of meat.
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked.
9. Allow the meat bagels to cool. Slice the meat bagel just like a regular bagel. Fill the meat bagel with topping such as tomato slices, lettuce, fried egg, runny egg, onions etc. I prefer to make mine into BLTAs.
We’re not much for crazy Super Bowl eats around here, and we were really busy yesterday, so our focus was elsewhere.
Translation: I was exhausted. Which basically means I wasn’t up for cooking much last night.
I threw this platter together and we had a side of added fruits. That’s it. World’s easiest dinner and everyone just grazed, added with mini chili dogs and some hot wings. My family is easy to please.
It’s Monday, so I needed an extra boost. Today, I made myself a great upgraded version of Bulletproof Coffee. I added whey powder and maca powder to the blender and it added a depth of flavor and power-packed punch of added benefits.
Power Packed Bulletproof Coffee
8ozs. Hot coffee
1 tbsp omghee (or Kerrygold butter)
1 tbsp Mct Lean Mct oil
1 tsp Sprinkle-A-Whey whey powder
1 tsp Earth Circle Raw Maca Powder
Add to blender and blend thoroughly. Enjoy hot.
What are whey and maca?
Whey: unflavored protein powder, easy to digest and simple way to add more protein to your diet. Dairy-based. It’s delicious in smoothies, on salads, cereal, soup and more. Unflavored makes it easy to add to anything.
Maca powder: from the indigenous Andean culture, it grows above 10,000 feet where little else can grow. It’s a root vegetable believed to increase energy, reduce fatigue and increase libido. Use in smoothies, shakes, cakes, pastries, homemade chocolate, energy bars, and, of course, bulletproof coffee, like me.